AREA ANNUAL MEETING
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27, 7PM AT ROPETACKLE
The agenda will include a talk on air pollution, an update on NO2 and particulate levels in Shoreham and Worthing, endorsement of the trustees, the latest on New Monks Farm and the airport and plans for future projects and campaigns.
COME ALONG WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS !
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING?
We have :
- Sent in a question on air pollution to the Joint Overview Scrutiny Committee. Originally, the discussion was meant to be held on March 21 but it is now postponed to September because the necessary officers are not available until then!
- Met with a representative from the Environmental Law Foundation, who has been offering us free legal support.
- Met with members of the Withy Patch community to hear their serious concerns about the proposed displacement from their homes to a new site to allow for the new A27 roundabout.
- Written again to the Secretary of State with our recent pollution statistics.
- Met with a representative from the airport to hear of future proposals for the airport.
- Discussed with the Shoreham Society their proposals for “greening Shoreham”.
- Attended the public consultation on Kingston Wharf.
- Investigated setting up a twitter account
THESE ISSUES WILL BE DISCUSSED IN MORE DETAIL AT THE ANNUAL MEETING
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE
WITH THANKS FROM THE COMMITTEE FOR
YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT
Barb, Chrissie, Geoff, Gerard, Pattie, Pat, Jenny, Alan, Peter, Bill