Dear AREA supporters
Just a quick update following our committee meeting today.
- TOMORROW AT THE FARMERS’ MARKET WE WILL BE THERE WITH SOME HOMEMADE BANNERS.
Please come along and support AREA. The theme of the banners will relate to pollution and traffic so feel free to make your own. We want to keep AREA and your concerns in the public eye.
- We will be arranging a meeting with all the groups who opposed IKEA and the New Monks Farm development to put together a strategy which may lead to a judicial review. At the moment we don’t know how keen IKEA are to carry on with their store in Lancing.
- We will also be consulting further with the Environmental Law Foundation. To proceed we will need legal advice.
- We will be writing as many letters as possible to the Argus and the Herald about the Secretary of State’s decision and how Adur will be affected by increased traffic and pollution. Please join in. We need to keep reminding the Council that we are angry with their decision.
- We are also planning a more visible, stronger campaign/demos etc.
- We will be sending a press release to the Argus and Herald detailing our strong objections to the Secretary of State’s decision, emphasising the major objections to the development.
SORRY FOR THE SHORT NOTICE. HOPE SOME OF YOU CAN MAKE IT TOMORROW.